RULES AND REGULATIONS
To enter the HRPA 2017 Annual Conference Registration Contest (the “Contest”) simply register for the conference between August 15, 2016 and January 27, 2017. The earlier you renew, the more times your name will be entered into the many prize draws.
1) Prizes – You will be eligible to win Prizes from the time period you register and for every following prize draw until the end of the contest or until you win a prize, whichever comes first. Entries for Prize draws are those entered from the website according to the server’s transaction date stamp or postmarked from 12:00 AM August 15,2016 to 11:59:59 PM prize draw end time. Winners for each prize will be drawn at random at a later date by HRPA and announced on via email and posted on the HRPA.ca/AC2017 website. Non-winners of individual prizes will remain eligible to win in following weeks. Prizes unclaimed after a week of contact from HRPA can be redrawn for a new winner.
i. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrants must be HRPA members in good standing and registered for the HRPA 2017 Annual Conference. Cancellations of Conference Registration will mean removal of draw entry and voided claim to prize.
ii. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. The Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
iii. Prizes that are not related to a ticketed event or conference pass admission will be awarded at the Conference on February 1, 2017. The winner will be notified where they can pick up their prize 1 week before the conference.
2) The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. HRPA, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winners by email within five (5) business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s and each potential winner’s travelling companion, as applicable, participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner, do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner have been duly selected.
3) By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
4) All entries become property of the Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to terminate the online portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all online entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest Sponsor’s website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest Sponsor’s website, where applicable.
5) Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. The Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to HRPA at 150 Bloor Street West, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2X9.
6) This contest is open only to eligible HRPA members who have registered for the 2017 HRPA Annual Conference.
7) Contest starts at 10:00 am ET on Saturday, August 15, 2015, and closes on Friday, January 27, 2017, at 11:59:59 pm ET.